Delicious Hunger Games

I finally got around to picking up the Hunger Games books yesterday and then managed to knock over the first volume in an evening. I ended up really loving it, even though most of the suspense was gone due to me having seen the movie adaptation first (silly, backwards me). The first-person perspective really worked, with the reader being as in the dark as Katniss when it came to the twists and machinations of the Gamekeepers. This, coupled with her suspicious view of the motivations of just about everyone around her, make for some thoughtful moments.


Thankfully, I've remained relatively free of spoilers regarding the other two books, so I look forward to getting stuck into them presently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the ComputerName value in Unattend.xml using PowerShell

Testing out Link Aggregation

Xbox 360 Exclusive JRPGs on Xbox One